Hours & Admission
Merchant’s House Museum
The Merchant’s House was built in 1832 and purchased by Seabury Tredwell, a prosperous New York City hardware merchant, in 1835. The Tredwell family continued to live in the landmark late-Federal and Greek revival style row house for nearly 100 years.
Visit four floors of period rooms furnished with the family’s original possessions – furniture, decorative objects, household goods, books, even their clothing. The secret 19th century rear garden is also open. You’ll see how a wealthy family and their four Irish servants lived in mid-19th century New York.
Visit the Museum
Thursday, 5 to 8 p.m.
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
Closed major holidays.
- All house tours are self-guided. (Scroll down for information about guided tours.)
- The museum comprises five floors accessed by stairs.
- Visitors should plan to spend 45-60 minutes on their tour.
- Docents are available to answer questions.
- Visitors may arrive any time during opening hours on their ticketed day.
- Last entry:
4:30 p.m., Friday, Saturday & Sunday
7:30 p.m., Thursday
- Admission $15 per person.
- MHM Members FREE. Click here to become a member.
- Reservations NOT required; walk-ins are permitted!
- The Museum accepts cash or credit cards ($20 minimum on all credit card charges).
Click here to purchase tickets for guaranteed entry on the ticketed day during regular museum hours.
Guided House Tour
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, 12 p.m.
On this 75-minute guided tour, you’ll visit five floors of period rooms, as well as the rear garden. $20, Members Free. Capacity strictly limited.
Click here for guided house tour tickets.
Members, enter code MEMBER at checkout for free admission for yourself and one guest.
Walking Tour of 19th Century Noho
Second & fourth Sunday of the month, 12:30 p.m. (March through November).
$20, Members FREE.
Click here for walking tour tickets.
Tour Policies & COVID-19 Safety Protocols
- If the museum reaches capacity, visitors may be asked to wait in the rear garden until indoor capacity has decreased.
- All visitors over age two are required to wear a mask on Museum property at all times, regardless of vaccination status. Staff is also required to wear masks.
- All visitors are required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival. Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the Museum.
- All visitors must adhere to social distancing requirements while inside the museum. Please follow all directional signs, distance markers, and directions from staff.
- Large bags (suitcases, backpacks, shopping bags, etc.) may not be carried inside the museum, and must be checked at the admissions desk.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have received a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you must postpone to a later date, or cancel. The museum will offer to refund or exchange your tickets. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Merchant’s House is committed to the health and safety of our visitors, volunteers, and staff. Robust sanitizing and disinfecting efforts are in place. Restrooms and all high-touch surfaces are sanitized repeatedly throughout the day using NYS recommended disinfectants. Deep cleanings occur nightly.
- By visiting the Merchant’s House Museum, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- We reserve the right to deny entry to anyone not abiding by these guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff and other visitors.
Click here for information about Virtual Group Tours.