Hours & Admission
The Merchant’s House was built in 1832 and purchased by Seabury Tredwell, a prosperous New York City hardware merchant, in 1835. The Tredwell family continued to live in the landmark late-Federal and Greek revival style row house for nearly 100 years.
Visit four floors of period rooms furnished with the family’s original possessions – furniture, decorative objects, household goods, books, even their clothing. The secret 19th century rear garden is also open. You’ll see how a wealthy family and their four Irish servants lived in mid-19th century New York.
In response to heightened concerns relating to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors, the Merchant’s House is closed for the foreseeable future.
We will continue to monitor the situation and re-evaluate, based on additional information and recommendations from public officials. All public programs scheduled before April 10 have been cancelled.
Please check back for updates. We look forward to welcoming our staff and visitors back to the Museum soon.
The Merchant’s House is OPEN Thursday, 12 to 8 p.m. (January to September), 12 to 5 p.m. (October to December)
Guided Tour, 2 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
Friday to Monday, 12 to 5 p.m.
Guided Tour, 2 p.m.
Closed Tuesday, Wednesday, and major holidays.
Walking Tour of the Historic Noho Neighborhood, second and fourth Sunday of each month, 12:30 p.m. (March through November).
- Guided Tours are approximately 50-60 minutes; visitors are welcome to stay longer following the tour.
- A Self-Guided Tour is also available for visitors who wish to tour at their own pace.
- There are no reservations for groups smaller than 10 people. Groups of 10 or more must call in advance to schedule a group program.
- Visitors who take the Self-Guided Tour spend 30-90 minutes in the Museum.
- The Museum closes promptly. Please arrive an hour before closing to give yourself time to see the whole house.
(Last entry: 4:30 p.m., Friday through Monday; 7:30 p.m., Thursday)
- General $15
- Students $10
- Seniors (over 65) $10
- Children (under 12) FREE
- Members FREE
The Merchant’s House Museum accepts cash, credit cards (minimum $20 per transaction, no international credit cards), and traveler’s checks.
GROUPS of 10 or more must call in advance to schedule a private group program.