Hours & Admission
The Merchant’s House was built in 1832 and purchased by Seabury Tredwell, a prosperous New York City hardware merchant, in 1835. The Tredwell family continued to live in the landmark late-Federal and Greek revival style row house for nearly 100 years.
Visit four floors of period rooms furnished with the family’s original possessions – furniture, decorative objects, household goods, books, even their clothing. The secret 19th century rear garden is also open. You’ll see how a wealthy family and their four Irish servants lived in mid-19th century New York.
In response to heightened concerns relating to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors, the Merchant’s House Museum is closed until further notice.
The Merchant’s House is OPEN Thursday, 12 to 8 p.m. (January to September), 12 to 5 p.m. (October to December)
Guided Tour, 2 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
Friday to Monday, 12 to 5 p.m.
Guided Tour, 2 p.m.
Closed Tuesday, Wednesday, and major holidays.
Walking Tour of the Historic Noho Neighborhood, second and fourth Sunday of each month, 12:30 p.m. (March through November).
- Guided Tours are approximately 50-60 minutes; visitors are welcome to stay longer following the tour.
- A Self-Guided Tour is also available for visitors who wish to tour at their own pace.
- There are no reservations for groups smaller than 10 people. Groups of 10 or more must call in advance to schedule a group program.
- Visitors who take the Self-Guided Tour spend 30-90 minutes in the Museum.
- The Museum closes promptly. Please arrive an hour before closing to give yourself time to see the whole house.
(Last entry: 4:30 p.m., Friday through Monday; 7:30 p.m., Thursday)
- General $15
- Students $10
- Seniors (over 65) $10
- Children (under 12) FREE
- Members FREE
The Merchant’s House Museum accepts cash, credit cards (minimum $20 per transaction, no international credit cards), and traveler’s checks.
GROUPS of 10 or more must call in advance to schedule a private group program.