Approval and Fees
- All applications for special events are subject to approval by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, at the recommendation of the Executive Director.
- A signed Rental Agreement and a deposit of 30 percent are required to confirm the date. If the event must be cancelled due to a change in the COVID-19 Guidelines, the deposit will be refunded, less an $150 administrative fee. Otherwise, the deposit is non-refundable.
- A damage deposit of $500 (or as determined by the Executive Director) is due at time of the rental deposit and will be held for one week after the event.
- Overtime is at a rate of $200/half hour and is permitted only at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Payment of balance (by check or money order) is due one week prior to the event.
Headcount and Vendors
- Client must submit a final headcount one week before the event, i.e., bridal couple, bridal party, officiant, photographer/videographer, musician(s), and guests.
- Client must submit a list of vendors, with contact information, one week before the event.
- Musicians or DJs are subject to an additional fee.
- Events requiring a large number of vendors may, at the discretion of the Executive Director, be subject to additional fees.
Amenities & Access
- The Museum has two public restrooms & a coat room on the ground floor.
- Rentals include the use of gold folding chairs for wedding ceremonies, one table, & trash cans. All other supplies are the responsibility of the client.
- Additional tables are available for a nominal fee.
- The Museum is not wheelchair accessible.
Period Room & Garden Usage
- Clients have access to the space(s) listed in the Rental Agreement only. Clients are not permitted in other areas of the Museum.
- Objects in the collection may not be touched, nor may the furniture be sat upon.
- Only Museum personnel may move furniture and objects in the Museum’s collection.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Photography, with flash, is allowed in all spaces. Additional lighting sources may be brought in.
- Food and drink may be served in the ground floor rooms (Period Kitchen and Family Room) and in the Garden only.
- Decoration/styling is allowed only under the direct supervision of Museum staff.
- Large decorations (floral arches, free-standing chuppas, etc.) are subject to an additional fee, at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- The use of nails, stickpins, tape, paint, or any other material that could have irreversible effects on the Museum building or its collections is not allowed.
- All decorations must be removed from the Museum at the end of the event.
- Fires in the fireplaces are not permitted.
- Flower petals may be tossed on the front steps only. No rice or birdseed are permitted in the garden or inside the Museum.
- To ensure that your event is seamless, at least two staff members of the Museum will be on site during the event.
- Docents are available to give tours or provide information about the house, its history, and its collections for an additional fee.
- In the case of an event sponsored by a corporate or non-profit entity, the Museum requires proof of coverage of Renter’s activities at the Museum by general liability insurance (or as determined by the Executive Director).
- For Renters who are individuals, coverage is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- If required, a proof of insurance must be submitted one week prior to the event.