- The Museum is open to the public Thursday, 12 to 8 p.m., and Friday to Monday, 12 to 5 p.m.
- Whenever possible, rentals must be scheduled outside regular museum hours.
- To schedule an event during regular museum hours, there is an additional fee of $400/hour to close the museum.
Period Room & Garden Usage
- Objects in the collection may not be touched, nor may the furniture be sat upon.
- Only Museum personnel may move objects in the Museum’s collection.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Photography is allowed in all spaces. Additional lighting sources may be brought in.
- Food and drink may be served in the ground floor rooms (original kitchen and family room) and in the garden only. The double parlors may be rented for seated dinners only. Additional charges apply.
- To ensure that your event is seamless, at least two staff members of the Museum will be on site during the event.
- Docents are available to give tours or provide information about the house and its collections for an additional charge.
Catering and Deliveries
- Catering supplies for special events, props for film/photography shoots, etc., must be delivered as close to the event as possible and retrieved as soon as possible following the event.
- Storage is not available.
- Upon request, the Museum will provide a list of recommended caterers.
- The Museum has two public restrooms & a coat room on the Ground Floor.
- Rentals include the use of gold folding chairs for wedding ceremonies, one table, & trash cans.
- Event supplies, including additional tables, serving trays, candles (where permitted), and vases are available for a nominal fee.
- A bridal changing area is available for an additional fee. Hairspray is not permitted.
- Decoration and styling of the Museum is allowed only under the direct supervision of the staff.
- The use of nails, stickpins, tape, paint, or any other material that could have irreversible effects on
the Museum building or its collections is not allowed.
- All decorations must be removed from the Museum at the end of the event.
- Fires in the fireplaces are not permitted.
Approval and Fees
- All applications for special events are subject to approval by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors, at the recommendation of the Executive Director.
- The cost of a tent, if needed, is the client’s responsibility.
- A signed Rental Agreement and a non-refundable deposit of 30% are required to confirm the date.
- A damage deposit of $500 (or as determined by the Executive Director) is due at time of deposit and
will be held for one week after the event.
- Overtime (before or after the event) is at a rate of $200/half hour, or at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Payment of balance (by check or money order) is due one week prior to the event.
- In the case of an event sponsored by a corporate or non-profit entity, the Museum requires proof of
coverage of Renter’s activities at the Museum by general liability insurance (or as determined by
the Executive Director).
- For Renters who are individuals, such coverage is at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- If required, a proof of insurance must be submitted prior to the event.