The Merchant’s House is “the real thing,” like no other. Book your Private Group Tour now.
“As if the family has just stepped out” “Feels like time travel”
“A gem of a tour” “Meticulously preserved” “One of a kind”
TripAdvisor.com visitor reviews
Call 212-777-1089 or email email@example.com
- Reservations are required for all guided group tours, and must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
- Come 7 days a week; start anytime 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays, or 12 to 3 p.m. weekends. Evenings by special arrangement.
- Only accredited academic organizations are eligible for student discounts. Additional discounts available for NYC public schools.
- Seniors are 65 years and over.
- The Museum does not have an elevator. Visitors must climb several flights of stairs.
- Minimum group size is 10 people.
- Maximum group size is 35 people.
- A 50% deposit (refundable up to one week before your tour) is required to confirm your reservation.
Adult Group Tours
Discover what daily life was really like for a wealthy merchant-class family and their Irish servants in the mid-19th century on a private guided tour of the house or neighborhood.
The Merchant’s House Museum’s 1832 landmark building and its original in situ 19th-century collection provide a wealth of teaching opportunities. Tours can be customized to fit the curriculum and students’ interests.
Students will take a trip back in time as they explore four floors of period rooms and experience daily life in the 19th century.